Students are beginning the school year with learning about lines and shapes and understanding how everything we create in art is a line!
1st grade: Learning the basics of a line and discussing geometric shapes and organic shapes.
- Students will create line and shape turtle similar to the example below.
2nd grade: Review the basics of lines and study patterns.
- Students will create a flower painting incorporating patterns within each flower.
3rd grade: Review lines and understand how to create texture through using lines.
- Students will create an ostrich, emphasizing on the hair to show texture.
4th grade: Review lines and learn how certain lines show emotion. For ex: vertical lines - height, horizontal lines - relaxation, diagonal - tension, parallel lines - excitement, zigzag - chaos, spiral - infinity.
- Students will create Zentangle building designs, while incorporating past line lessons.
5th grade: Review everything about line and add all the knowledge into creating a mandala.
- Students will create a free form mandala.